Peace on Earth, Good Will – and Good Luck – Toward Men
According to superstition, you will be the recipient of good luck if:
- You are the first person to open the front door on Christmas morning (and sweep the bad spirits out of the house)
- You are the first person to hear a rooster crow on Christmas morning
- You hear a cricket chirp on Christmas Day
- The wind blows on Christmas Day
- The first visitor to the home on Christmas is a black-haired man
- You kiss the oldest person in the home on Christmas Day
- You wish someone a Merry Christmas before putting on your shoes and socks
- You eat breakfast by candlelight on Christmas Day
- You place fish scales under the plates for Christmas dinner
- You carry that a scale from a fish eaten on Christmas Day in your pocket all year long
- If a cherry tree branch placed in water at the start of advent flowers by Christmas
- You sneeze on Christmas Day
- You give coins to a beggar on Christmas Day
- You remove the Christmas decorations from your home on the 12th night of Christmas
Finally, here are five more important Christmas rituals to perform:
- If you eat an apple on Christmas Eve, you’ll have good health all year long.
- If you leave a loaf of bread on the table after dinner on Christmas Eve, your household will never want for food all year long.
- If you stir the Christmas pudding three times and make a wish, it will come true.
- If you find a kneeling donkey and make the sign of the cross on its back, you will receive your heart’s desire.
- If you contact Platinum Holiday Lighting (at 615-788-0085), we will decorate your home beautifully for the holiday season and you will have less stress and more time to spend on other holiday tasks.*
*-That’s not a superstition; it’s a fact!